Thursday, July 22, 2010

One Week Left

There's one week left of classes until the summer semester is over. I was just thinking over the whole semester, thinking about my classes and how much I've learned (or haven't learned!) I remember the beginning of the semester and how overwhelmed I felt. I thought I would never get through the 12 weeks of this summer session--the amount of work packed into the semester seemed unbelievable, plus it's always an adjustment when you start something new.

Well, I have to say that this semester, although intense at times, was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Storytelling was by far my favorite class. I will be sad next week when it's over. Rebecca Morris is such a great teacher! I wish she could teach more classes, and teach them during the school year!! I love how she sets up her classes and you really feel like you connect to your classmates in her class. I've really gotten a lot out of that class--academically and personally.

Intro to Information Technologies, I thought, was going to be my least favorite class. But I was wrong...I actually liked it--a little bit : ) I do have to say that I learned more than I thought I would and that I'm glad to have had exposure to computer "stuff" that I never thought I would.

Understanding Information was by far the class I loathed the most. I am glad to have been informed of the issues which face librarians today, and I do feel like the information from that class will be relevant to me--someday. I am looking forward to next week when we will have a panel discussion in that class with professionals from different kinds of libraries. I just wish there was some way to make the class less overwhelming for some of us, espeically the new students! I know that if I would have taken this class my first semester, I would have wondered what I was getting myself into. I guess there's always going to be a class or two like that though : )

Overall, the semester has been pretty great, and I'm looking forward to having a little break before another semester begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment