Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Audacity!

In one of my other classes this semester, Storytelling to be exact, one of our assignments is to tell a 7-10 minute story to the class during Fast Track weekend. In order to prepare for the telling, one of our other assignments was to record ourselves (either using an audio program or a video program) and practice telling our story. Even though I have a web cam on my laptop, I have never used it and I'm still a bit technologically impaired (I'm hoping this improves greatly by the end of the semester!) so I decided to just do an audio recording for my "practice run" of telling my story. The program I used to record my story is called Audacity, and I used the newest version of the open source (I know what this means now!) software called Audacity 1.3.12 (Beta). It is a pretty neat program and for someone who is as "low tech" as I am, it was so easy to use! I am hoping that in the future I'll be able to play around with it a little bit and get to know it a little more. I could see myself using the program for some fun projects and maybe even for another class assignment, should the need arise. If anyone would like to check it out, click here.

1 comment:

  1. It's also excellent for converting m4p iTunes files to mp3...

    ReplyDelete