Monday, July 26, 2010

Light Bulb Moments

I love when you start working on something and become so frustrated that you think you are going to give up, that it's not going to work out, there's just that mental block that won't seem to budge. And then. It happens. A light bulb turns on over your head, like in the cartoons. Suddenly, everything is clear and you know what to do! The answer couldn't be more simple! (Well, sometimes it could, but still).

This is what happened to me today while working on my web portfolio. I looked at a bunch of the links that Dr. Tomer had posted for us in the announcements part of Blackboard, but not much helped. Although, I have to say that this web site helped a lot! So if any of you are still struggling with your portfolio page, please check out the w3 school's page--you'll be glad you did : ) Because, as I was stuggling through trying to figure out what I was doing (I even emailed my brother and a couple of friends, but it's way too hard for me to talk to someone over the phone about these thing, I need someone in person to help me) I eventually got it on my own. Realization dawned on me like a light bulb over my head. I love those moments, I really do! I was able to figure out what I had to do to make my portfolio look like my own. Now, I have to say, it's not very pretty, and let's face it--it's extremely simply and I'm sure a 5 year old could have done a better job, but it's mine. I am pretty proud of myself. I never thought in a million years that I would be creating websites, however cheap looking!

I am feeling pretty good about this class. And, I hate to say it, I am actually enjoying it and possibly even really glad I had to take it. So thank you, Dr. Tomer, for making me want to throw my computer against the wall one minute, and want to hug it the next. Really, thank you.

(p.s. check out my site!)

No comments:

Post a Comment